Saturday, January 22, 2011

Attack?

I have heard of parasitic personalities. I'm sure they exist. I've known some. But lately, I've really felt like I'm being attacked, which is different. Just seems like things keep seeping into my brain and life from strange places. Is it attack? Is it intentional from a person, or am I stepping into new unlit territory? That of course would increase pressure from negative spiritual forces to stop the incursion. Am I walking on my own and need to retreat, or do I need to press forward until it abates?

I feel like Ransom's friend approaching Ransom's house in Perelandra. Will the edilla terrorism attacks stop if I continue, or not. Am I Israel under Joshua's prime, or close to his death? In his prime, the nation was unstoppable. Near his death they were unable to defeat their enemies. Later on, God said it was a test to see if they would hold firm or look for ways out. So is that my situation?

It is here that I am reminded why I left those marshy places where moving is slow and muddy, standing still is to sink further, and all around is fetid and stinking decay of once vibrant organic ideas mushed and shapeless now as it mixes into a synthesized goo that resembles bits and pieces of the original, but has become something else altogether.

While rigid adherence to orthodoxy has its perils, it is also the lifeline through these marshes. The solid ground that allows a foothold. Venture off that narrow path at your own peril.

1 comment:

  1. This would be a perfect time for Chapter 6 of G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy, especially the last section.

    http://www.leaderu.com/cyber/books/orthodoxy/ch6.html

    Nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete